Tue, Oct 18|
Ferland Engineering Education and Design
Maine ASHRAE October Meeting at Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center
Maine ASHRAE is heading north to Orono to tour the brand new Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center at UMaine and reconnect with the student chapter.
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2022, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
Ferland Engineering Education and Design, 75 Long Rd, Orono, ME 04473, USA
About The Event
A Maine ASHRAE meeting in the Bangor area, wow! You won't want to miss this one. Some things that will make this meeting great:
1. Students and professionals will get to connect!
Students - come get an internship or full-time job!
Industry Professionals - come find some awesome students to hire!
2. We'll be introducing some scholarship opportunities for students. Thousands of dollars are up for grabs, come learn about how to get it!
3. Free pizza!
4. A facility tour of the brand new Ferland building which will qualify you professional engineers for a PDH credit. Forget about boring pre-recorded online trainings, come take a hands on tour to fulfill your PDH requirements.
5. Reconnecting with your long-lost ASHRAE friends following years of not having an in-person meeting in the Bangor area.
This meeting will be free to all attendees to encourage as many students and professionals as possible to attend. Bring your colleagues/classmates. We'll have plenty of pizza and salad available for all attendees.
Research Promotion Donations:
In lieu of a registration fee we ask that professionals attending the meeting consider donating to the ASHRAE research promotion campaign to help our chapter meet our research promotion goals for the year. Donations can be made at the link below. Please make sure to enter Maine as the chapter you are from. We do not currently have an endowment fund so you can just donate to "ASHRAE Research"
Donation Link: https://xp20.ashrae.org/secure/researchpromotion/rp.html
Visitor parking permits are available at:
- The Parking and Transpiration Services – 5702 DTAV Community Building (138 Rangeley Road), located across from the UCU on Rangeley Road.
- The University Police Department – 83 Rangeley Road. There is a parking pass kiosk in the main lobby.
- The Visitor Center – Buchanan Alumni House – Two Alumni Place (116 College Ave)
For more information you can visit: https://umaine.edu/parking/visitors/
Check-in + Social Half-HourRoom 111
Welcome Remarks + IntroductionRoom 111